Statement of Biblical Authority
The following Statement of Faith by no means exhausts the extent of our faith, which is what we believe. This Statement should be viewed as the starting point or foundation upon which the remainder of our beliefs rest. The Word of God is the final Arbiter and Authority for all controversies. For the purposes of this ministry final Biblical interpretive authority rests with Dr. David R. Wood, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
1. We believe that a person must be born again in order to enter the Kingdom of God and subsequently enter Heaven. (John 3:3)
2. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God (1 John 4:15), Jesus is the only way to the Father (John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5), Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) (1 John 2:21-23), Jesus came in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3), fully man divested of the attributes of God (Philippians 2:7). Now at the right hand of the Father He is fully man and fully God.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus who is now seated in Heaven at the right hand of majesty on High (Hebrews 1:1-3, 8). Before entering the womb of the Virgin Mary with One we now call Jesus or Christ was fully God a co-equal with Jehovah and the Holy Spirit. In the earth He was a man and after the River Jordan a man Anointed of the Holy Spirit. Upon His Resurrection He was all man but again all God, co-equal with the Father (Jehovah) and the Holy Spirit.
4. We believe that salvation is a gift of God and is not earned by our good works (Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9).
5. We believe that God is One and distinctly Three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4, 1 John 5:7).
6. We believe in Baptist by water with complete submersion symbolic of our complete spiritual immersion or baptism into Christ at Salvation (Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12) and being risen with Him to eternal life. This is not essential to salvation but is a further testimony of salvation.
7. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a separate experience from Salvation or Water Baptism being evidenced by the speaking of other tongues. The baptism of the Holy Spirit endues the believer with power. Authority connected to God’s power, the Blessing, is restored at salvation (Luke 24:49, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4).
8. We believe in observing the Eucharist (Lord’s Supper or Communion) according to the command of Jesus (Luke 22:19, 1 Corinthians 11:25). This reminds us of the Blood Covenant and His broken body.
9. We believe that all Scripture was written by men of old by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. By the leadership of the Holy Spirit we are to rightly divide the Word of God. The Word of God is the final authority in all matters (2 Timothy 2:15, 3:16, 1 John 2:20, 2 Peter 2:21).
10. We believe in the healing of the sick, raising the dead, making the maimed whole, and casting out devils (John 14:12, Matthew 10:8, 11:5).
11. We believe in the free-will of all mankind and reject the doctrine that God is in control of individuals lives and the idea of predestination, believers included to choose the thoughts, words, and ways of God or to choose other thoughts, words, and ways as evidenced in mankind’s first sin (Genesis 3:6).
12. We believe that all authority in this present age rests with the believer and that the power of God flows through the believer or on the words of the believer to accomplish things in the earth for the Kingdom of God.
13. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. Sexual intimacy is to occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. Any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one’s sex, or
disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God (Genesis 2:24, Leviticus 18:1-30, Romans 1:26-32, 1 Corinthians 5:1-2, 6:9, 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 7:10, Ephesians 5:22-23, Mark 10:6-9).
14. We believe that abortion is not ‘women’s healthcare’ but the murder of an innocent person and is an abomination, an abhorrence to God and thus to us (Deuteronomy 12:31, Psalm 106:38, Proverb 6:17, Jeremiah 32:35). This sin like all others can be cleansed by the Blood of Jesus (Romans 3:25, 1 John 1:7-9).
Statement of Biblical Authority